Division of Global Changes Impacts on Enviroment
The Division for Global Changes Impacts on Enviroment is set up in INENCO Center of RAS in the year of its own organization in 1989 and has become one of the basical Divisions of the Center. At the first stage the main research problems of the Division were concerned with the modeling of energy and matter transport in the soil-vegetation-atmosphere system for investigation of influence of climatic and other environmental factors on natural ecosystems and crop productivity process. Subsequently in the course of developing more close collaboration with leading St.Petersburg scientists and organization of multilateral research groups at the INENCO Center, the sphere of research activity of the Division was permanently expanded. This expansion increased essentially when in 1998 the noted Russian climatologist, laureate of the highest International Ecological Premium "The Blue Planet Prize", Academician Mikhail Budyko become the scientific advisor of the INENCO Center.
|Head of Division
Prof. Gennady V.
In recent years various scientific problems were successfully developed by the specialists of the Division. They are the mathematical modeling of ecological processes, the substantiation of regional climate change scenarios under global warming and assessments of ecological and economic consequences of climatic changes expected in 21 century. After 1990 the employees of the Division and their collaborators in the research groups, created at the INENCO Center, have published about 150 scientific papers. At present in the Division of Global Changes Impacts on Ecosystems the research activities are carried out in following directions:
- Modeling of energy and matter exchange in the soil-vegetation-atmosphere system.
- Climatic changes and ecological events in geological past.
- Substantiation of paleoanalogue scenarios of the future climate changes.
- Empirical analysis of climate changes parameters in last decades and during the period of instrumental meteorological observations.
- Analysis of reliability of model climate changes scenarios.
- Development of models of climatic factors impacts on ecosystems, agriculture and economy.
- Estimation of climate changes influence on water resources and hydrological systems.
- Agroclimatic consequences of global climate changes.
- Global warming impacts on permafrost and polar ecosystems.
- Changes in the borders of natural zones under global climate changes.
- Influence of global warming on energy consumption and heating.
- Epidemic and medicine aspects of climate changes.
(back to local indices)
Copyright 1999-2011 INENCO